The accountant will provide a wide range of accounting support to the Finance Manager in order to
maintain efficiency within the business. Process and reconcile accounting documents. Review
and prepare financial spreadsheets. Maintain and reconcile records and payments to ensure accuracy.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Prepare financial statements for subsidiary companies.
- Maintain the Fixed Asset Register and associated depreciation schedules.
- Post to Quick Books and provide monthly detail to the Financial Manager for general journal
- Ensure proper recording of new purchases and disposals.
- Maintain and supervise Purchase Order Processing system for company outlets.
- Perform bank and other reconciliations.
- Maintain files as needed within the department.
- Prepare correspondence as needed within the department.
- Perform such other accounting, financial, or administrative tasks as may be required from time to
- Any other duties as required
- Bachelors of Master’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or a related field
- Minimum 5-10 years’ experience in accounting/finance or in a similar role
- Additional Certification (CPA or CMA) is a plus
- Proficient in use of Quick-books
Experience/ Skills Required
- Excellent knowledge of accounting regulations and procedures, including the Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Hands-on experience with accounting software such as QuickBooks
- Advanced MS Excel skills including Vlookups and pivot tables
- Experience with general ledger functions
- Strong attention to detail and good analytical skills
- Willingness to meet deadlines on a consistent basis
- Comfortable handling and storing confidential financial information
- Close attention to detail
- Ability to compile professional and thorough accounting reports
- Can produce high-quality work regularly
- Ability to analyze information in an objective and nonbiased manner
- Highly skilled in dealing with financial and numeric data
- Highly skilled in use of Excel Spreadsheets and MS Word
- Excellent communication skills both verbally and written
- Strong organizational skills
- Perform other related duties as required.