The Employee Engagement Specialist has the responsibility of elevating and enhancing employee engagement levels across the organization. Additionally, they are tasked with developing, organizing, and distributing communication that reinforces and promotes the company’s culture and Employer Value Proposition.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Creating and distributing an annual schedule of employee events and activities.
- Assisting in maintaining budgets for all events and activities within specified limits.
- Supporting general staff meetings, executive round tables, lunch and learn sessions, and other staff meetings.
- Ensuring the inclusion of all departments, including the Family Islands, in relevant activities.
- Facilitating the annual survey process, communicating results, and developing action plans.
- Monitoring employee morale and engagement, consistently identifying opportunities for improvement.
- Collaborating with the HR team and key stakeholders to develop and implement the Employee Engagement and Branding strategy.
- Proactively generating content that highlights employee and company experiences, enhancing the company’s image within the workforce and the community.
- Engaging and coordinating with service providers for securing speakers, presenters, and entertainment for employee events.
- Collaborating with vendors for selecting, purchasing, and delivering materials (e.g., awards, invitations, prizes, letters, paraphernalia) for all events, while maintaining inventory control.
- Creating and updating Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) for all activities as needed.
- Ensuring timely preparation of purchase requisitions and receipt of bills for events and activities.
- Assisting with the preparation of bills for payment to vendors, forwarding them to the Finance Department for timely processing and distribution.
- Managing various internal communication channels, such as email, WhatsApp, workplace platforms, intranet, and TV channels.
- Performing any other reasonable duties as assigned from time to time.
- By fulfilling these responsibilities, the Employee Engagement Specialist plays a crucial role in fostering a positive and engaged workforce.
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Public Relations, Marketing, communications, or Journalism;
- Minimum of three(3) years’ experience in corporate communications, marketing and or employee
engagement; including experience in branding and or communications, creating content,
presentations and other written video or graphic materials targeted at employee engagement and
- Ability to manage through influence and work effectively with key stakeholders at all levels of the
- Passionate about establishing strong relationships and working collaboratively to drive meaningful
outcomes that positively impact the employee experience.
- Ability to deliver results across diverse cultures.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in written form with all levels of staff.
- Excellent human relations and interpersonal skills.
- Computer proficiency in Windows environment and Microsoft applications.
- Good analytical and critical thinking skills.
- Sound knowledge of policies and procedures.
- Confidentiality is a must.