Provide the Senior Accountant with a wide range of accounting support in order to maintain business efficiency. Manage direct deposits, benefit withholding, payroll deductions, paid leave, sick time reporting, and the monitoring of employees’ hours, as well as oversee all matters pertaining to the payment of salaries to the organization’s staff.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Payment of Salaries to the staff of Island Luck and/or Ultra Games.
- Checking the number of hours employees have worked.
- Collaborating with the human resources department to maintain employee data.
- Calculating pay raises, shift payments and overtime compensation.
- Resolving issues employees have with timesheets, pay statements and other payroll matters.
- Changing employee bank records when necessary to process payments accurately.
- Maintain files as needed within the department
- Prepare correspondence as needed within the department
- Perform such other accounting, financial, or administrative tasks as may be required from time to time.
- Perform bank and other reconciliations.
- Reviewing and adjusting all bank files ensuring that the correct transit is selected with the bank withdrawal files.
- Rejecting files that have incorrect information and submission of credit card/debit cards, wrong account information, (i.e. not enough digits for account number as it relates to the desired bank).
- Assist and conduct all bank queries as it relates to funds not being posted and/or funds transferred to the incorrect account and/or funds transfer with the incorrect transit number.
- Any other duties as required.
- A Bachelor’s degree in accounting, or a Bachelor’s degree in business with emphasis in accounting, or 5 years’ experience in a similar role
- Proficient in use of Quick-books
- Highly skilled in dealing with financial and numeric data
- Highly skilled in use of Excel Spreadsheets
- Skilled in use of MS Word with good written and verbal communication skills
Must have excellent work habits, including a willingness to work the hours necessary to get the job done, especially when important deadlines cause greater than normal departmental pressures.