Oversees all aspects of the Surveillance Department. Ensures compliance with all gaming regulations and company policies. Serve as a liaison between property and gaming commission. Supervise and direct activities of surveillance staff engaged in observing gaming and non-gaming activity throughout the property.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Prevent threats such as crime, fire, vandalism and terrorism at place of business.
- Provide leadership to the surveillance team, ensuring that each is effectively executing essential job duties.
- Monitor the behavior customers through video cameras or in-person observations.
- Create and enforce policies for the department
- Ensure constant surveillance throughout the branches, looking to identify irregularities or illegal activity.
- Ensure document and report any variances to the Company, internal controls, money handling activity and Bahamas gaming regulations.
- Ensure the integrity of the gaming, count room and cash handling procedures.
- Respond immediately to any activities occurring in the gaming areas and/or restricted areas that appear unusual or suspicious.
- Proactively notify upper management of any gaming, procedural and policy violations.
- Maintain a log of events as they occur and complete incident reports as circumstances dictate.
- Complete all reports in a timely manner with accuracy and professionalism.
- Be able to give court testimony when necessary and write detailed reports.
- In the event of an emergency, reports all suspicious or unusual activity to upper Management.
- Be goal orientated and meet commitments.
- Communicate in a friendly, respectful and understandable manner.
- Know the procedures of all other departments involved in the handling of company assets and ensure these procedures are adhered to.
- Ensure the integrity of the department is not compromised.
- Perform additional related duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma/ GED or equivalent experience
- Five (5) years surveillance experience and previous supervisory experienced preferred
- Must be able to maintain the strictest confidentiality and keep sensitive information confidential reporting only to direct report.
- Possess a thorough knowledge of games rules, procedures, and gaming regulations.
- Working knowledge of surveillance software and Microsoft Office programs such as excel and word.
- Knowledge of surveillance equipment such as hand held radios, video recorders and rewind devices.
- Ability to maintain visual attention and mental concentration for significant periods of time.
- Ability to gather data, compile information and prepare clear and concise reports.
- Ability to detect problems and report information to appropriate personnel.
- Good verbal and writing skills.
- Be able to operate computers, cameras, monitors, radios and other surveillance equipment used in the performance of their tasks.
- Ability to understand and apply applicable rules, regulations, policies and procedures.
- Ability to utilize problem-solving techniques.
- Ability to work independently.