Responsible for all day to day operations and functions for the Branch in absence of Branch Manager. Ensures the timely opening and closing of the branch, ensuring all security measures are in place and adhered to. Supervise all employees on duty and ensure they are following company policies at all times. Ensure that all cash is accounted for and necessary reports are submitted. Maintain the cleanliness of the store and foster a positive work environment. Ensure that customer service is a priority through maintaining exceptional customer service levels.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensures that Branch opens timely and advise District Manager/Branch Operator
- Ensures persons are aware of schedule
- Is flexible and willing to pick up shifts when needed
- Ensures that all employees clock in and out timely, as per their shift
- Process membership applications as per policy and print cards once customers have met all requirements
- Adheres to all security protocols for opening, closing and reporting of any suspicious incidences and ensures that that store alarm codes, store keys and safe codes are only controlled by authorized Island Luck staff
- Ensures that all staff maintain compliance with regards to all company standards and procedures and provide training as needed
- Inspects staff members to ensure compliance to grooming policy
- Verifies all floats for accuracy and records and reports same for both opening and closing shifts
- When required, separate cash from floats and record same
- Confirm cash total with and verify visually that all monies were deposited into drop bag
- Confirm that all deposit bag are secured as per company policy
- Balance cashiers once relief has arrived confirming float and deposit and sign Z- out, make a note of balance of the float into the bag for each draw
- Record deposit bag number, name, date and number of bags on administration custody slip
- Confirm with the security each bag with the custody slip whiles depositing to the safe
- Ensures that all voids are written up by cashiers signed by manager
- Logs all incidents in Fresh Desk and follows up accordingly
- Ensure that all concerns are resolved and when necessary communicate resolution to staff or customer
- Check and respond to emails daily
- Ensure staff is updated immediately when necessary, e.g.; change in policies/procedures, marketing initiatives, etc.
- Ensure that branch amenities are prepared and maintained throughout operational hours
- Delegates tasks to ensure that the branch is prepared and ready for the next shift
- Supports Branch Manager in building moral and promoting a healthy work environment
- Ensure Branch is clean and in order
- Ensures all supplies are available and machines in working order
- Responsible for ensuring that the highest standards of customer service are carried out to our external and internal customers
- Assign closing duties making sure the store is clean for the next shift
- Ensure branch has all marketing paraphernalia
- Communicates all required information to team members
- Participate in team meetings
- Assists with disciplining staff along with Branch Managers when required
Job Specs and Competencies
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Competency in Microsoft applications including Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Good time management skills.
- Experience with administrative and clerical procedures.
- Able to contribute positively as part of a team, helping out with various tasks as required.