Responsible for supporting senior technicians on maintaining the efficiency and optimal performance of various hardware and software systems and applications. Also assist with managing of equipment, diagnose, troubleshoot and repair hardware and software. In addition to maintenance of installed equipment, install add on components, set up and configure new systems.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage backups of company mission critical servers.
- Provide active directory assistance and answer user inquiries regarding computer software or hardware operation to resolve problems.
- Build new workstations and install windows.
- Escalate to management if space is very low on servers.
- Perform remote or in person program installation and OS setting changes to programs specifications.
- Escalate tickets when need to upper level techs, system admins, or analysts.
- Diagnose and fix computer issues, ranging from viruses, bloatware, and OS issues.
- Perform setup and maintenance on desktops, notebooks, and servers retrieve and deliver by on-site technicians.
- Provide support for wireless devices including, desktops, laptops, printers, routers, and modems.
- Ensure that all PC and network devices are up to date with the most current installations and upgrades.
- Supervise creation of utilities for transfer of code, DB2 data and data files between PC and MVS platforms.
- Assist on-site technicians with large issues and projects, such as email migration, system upgrades, and network improvements.
- Any other requests ask by management.
- Resolve issues in a timely manner.
- Diploma in computer science or a related field
- Certification as IT Technician will be an advantage (e.g. CompTIA A+, Microsoft Certified IT Professional)
- 2+ years of experience in computer networks and systems maintenance
Must be able to maintain the strictest confidentiality and keep sensitive information confidential reporting only to direct report.
- Excellent diagnostic and problem solving skills
- Excellent communication ability
- Able to work in a team setting with minimum supervision
- Outstanding organizational and time-management skills
- In depth understanding of diverse computer systems and networks
- Good knowledge of internet security and data privacy principles