A facilities technician provides detailed engineering design and specifications for installation of new capital equipment to include electrical, mechanical and plumbing systems.
MAIN DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ensure all mechanical/electrical equipment supporting the facility is maintained and functioning properly and make necessary repairs and/or perform maintenance, , HVAC, fire protection, plumbing, generators
- Perform basic facility repairs in, but not limited to, painting, carpentry, plumbing and electrical
- Performs patching and painting
- Verification and documentation of proper operation of mechanical equipment like chillers, boilers, cda system, process vacuum system, Deionization system
- Repair and maintain mechanical conveyance systems of all types and sizes to ensure the conveyors are running at peak operability
- Spot cleaning, painting or light construction
- Transporting items between buildings
- High School Diploma or equivalent qualification
- Minimum 3+ years’ experience in a similar role.
EXPERIENCE/ SKILLS REQUIRED
- Advanced understanding of general maintenance procedures and techniques.
- Effective problem-solving abilities.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Ability to read, interpret and apply information contained in written reports and work order from to assigned tasks.
- A team player with proven success in relationship building